Re: a "long period" for Stability

Is it possible to seek the existence of some evidence that the issue has
been thought about seriously? We have a stated policy [1] - sadly I
can't find anything similar at dublincore.org or
http://www.oasis-open.org. Hmmm...

It's the intent we're after, not so much an actual number of years.
There's no way of knowing whether the resolvability of, say,
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#Catalog will have any meaning or relevance in
2112 any more than the gaslights my grandparents ready by 100 years ago
do today.

I like 'unbounded' - in reality I guess the boundary is one of relevance?

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Persistence.html

--

Phil Archer