From: Thomas, George (OS/ASA/OCIO/OEA) [mailto:George.Thomas1@hhs.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:02 PM
To: W3C public GLD WG WG
Cc: GLD Chairs; 'emontiel@fi.upm.es'
Subject: W3C GLD-WG Thur 02-Feb-2012 Agenda

Hi GLDers,

We'll have our weekly GLD WG telecon this Thursday 02-Feb-2012 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris).   Please see the GLD main wiki page [1] for meeting call-in info and agenda page [2].

Chair: George, Scribe: TBD, Alternate: TBD

Agenda

Overall objective of this meeting is to maintain the momentum towards our F2F2 resolution: "The GLD WG decides to publish the first batch of FPWD by end of Feb 2012 with 9 Feb ready for WG review and final decision to be taken on 23 Feb" - (see F2F2 day 2 minutes [4]) with an emphasis this week on recommended vocabularies.

Preliminary Items (~5 minutes):

*         Proposal to accept F2F2 day 1 [3] and day 2 [4] meeting minutes.

*         Review Tracker [5] Actions, Issues (we'll likely defer most of this to the main agenda discussion of FPWD products).

*         Discuss any important and timely opportunities to liaise with other W3 groups

Main Agenda: FPWD WIP's (~40 minutes):

*         PROPOSAL: The GLD WG decides to publish 'Terms for describing people' in the first batch of FPWD by end of Feb 2012, see wiki page [6] (with links to ED and Product tracker). Related People issues discussion.

*         DCAT Product status review/discussion, see product tracker [7].

*         (time permitting) Data Cube and Org Product status review/discussion, see (empty) QB [8] and Org [9] product trackers. (If we don't have time for this, then the intention would be to focus on this during the 2/9 telecon.)

(Shout out to MH for applied expertise and continued leadership in the GLD on these topics!)

I18N (~15 minutes)

*         Elena Montiel - a brief introduction to vocabulary multilingualism, see wiki page [10] (and thanks Boris!). (If Elena isn't available we'll use this time to continue with vocab issues and drive to consensus :)

Next Meeting preparation (~0 minutes)

*         Agenda, Announcements, Scribes

*         Update Scribes [11] and Regrets [12] pages

*         Adjourn

Thanks again for the productive F2F2! Looking forward to speaking with you all again this Thursday and continuing that momentum.

Regards,

George, Bernadette & Sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120202
[3] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-25
[4] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-26
[5] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/

[6] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Terms_for_describing_people
[7] https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
[8] https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/3
[9] https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/5
[10] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Multi-lingualismOfVocabs

[11] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes
[12] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/scribe.html
[12] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Regrets
[14] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663

Preparation for the WG Call --  Please help make our hour productive by reviewing the Agenda, F2F2 minutes and recent GLD listserv in advance if possible.
Housekeeping/Admin:

* We need to update the Scribes [11] page.  Please add yourself or you'll be automatically added.
* Please familiarize yourself with "Scribe 101"  [12] if you haven't scribed before or in a long time.  Thanks.
* If you know you'll be away, please update Regrets [13] page (especially if you're designated as a scribe for some meeting).
* Participants that have recently joined the GLD WG, we encourage you to add your contact details so people can connect with you [14].