RE: NASA seminar/meeting

Benedikt,

Here is the information about the CENDI group (below) and meeting (attached).

CENDI

The scientific and technical information (STI) managers have responsibility for STI at agencies representing over 97% of the federal research and development (R&D) budget. STI is an integral part of the R&D process and a necessary raw material for all science and technology programs. The effective management and use of STI is vital in advancing the state of knowledge and in technical problem solving. A better understanding of this role along with better cooperation between science and technology management and STI management can increase the effectiveness of the process.

CENDI has three major goals:

.Coordination and Leadership: Provide coordination and leadership for information exchange on important STI policy issues.

. STI Life Cycle Management: Promote the development of improved STI systems through the productive interrelationship of content and technology.

.Education: Promote an understanding of STI and STI management and their value to the R&D enterprise.

http://www.cendi.gov/

I can send WebEx and telecom via individual email accounts to all interested.

Regards,

Gerald

G e r a l d   S t e e m a n
Scientific and Technical Information Program Office
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
M/S 157A  - Building 1194 - Room 106A
2 W. Durand Street
Hampton, VA 23681

757-604-7666 Cell