Re: Spec update: deviceorientation event should fire when listener is first registered

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:22:27 +0200
To: Wojciech Masłowski <wmaslowski@opera.com>, "Andrei Popescu" <andreip@google.com>
Cc: "Dean Jackson" <dino@apple.com>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>, "Doug Turner" <doug.turner@gmail.com>, "Steve Block" <steveblock@google.com>
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:02:01 +0200, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> I also think making ondeviceorientation behave differently to
> addEventListener() is somewhat unexpected and therefore not a
> precedent to be followed?

It seems much better than changing the semantics of addEventListener().
That certain on* attributes have special behavior is established. That
addEventListener() has that too, is not. It makes sense to add some
special handling to certain on* attributes as they are for convenience.
addEventListener() however, is not, and I would much rather keep it the
way it is now.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/