PositionOptions.timeout & UserAgent permission

From: Greg Bolsinga <bolsinga@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 19:26:59 -0700
To: public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hello --

I have a implementation detail question about the PositionOptions
timeout. http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#timeout

What if the UA has to put up a UI that asks the user to allow
Geolocation, and then what if the user takes longer to respond than
the timeout? If the user allows it, and the timeout has expired, which
wins? Does the page get the position, or the timeout error?

In my implementation, by the time the user is requested for
permission, a location is extremely likely to be known, so I can stop
the timeout then, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
-- Greg