Re: ISSUE-10 Re: Geopriv compromise proposal

On Friday 19 June 2009, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> We have decied on this issue not once, but twice. It does not
> make any sense to endlessly repeat the same arguments. I would
> like to kindly ask the Chairs to settle this situation once and
> for all.

The mission of the group, expressed in the charter is:
The mission of the Geolocation Working Group, part of the Ubiquitous Web Applications Activity, is to define a secure and privacy-sensitive interface for using client-side location information in location-aware Web applications. Looks like so far, the spec is not even 80/20 in light of the state of the art in privacy. W3C is used to do better in this space.

I think it is deeply unfair (to all, not only me) if you consider geopriv, Richard's proposal, my proposal and the discussion with TLR the same issue,

I see that my email
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Jun/0167.html
was now automagically linked to the tracker under ISSUE-10

This ends this episode.

Best,

Rigo