From: Cameron McCormack [mailto:cam@mcc.id.au]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 7:15 AM
To: Marcin Hanclik
Cc: public-geolocation
Subject: Re: PositionOptions

Marcin Hanclik:
> So is my understanding correct that the following is the interface
> specification that would work in the use case we consider?
>
> [Callback]
> interface PositionOptions {
>   attribute boolean enableHighAccuracy;
>   attribute long timeout;
>   attribute long maximumAge;
> };

Yes.

> Documentation in Web IDL spec will definitely help.

While I’m trying to include an example for each feature of Web IDL, I
agree it would be useful to have some task-focussed examples such as
this one (i.e., “I want to have a named-argument like mechanism in
ECMAScript”).

PositionCallback and PositionErrorCallback both need [Callback] on them
too.  If you don’t mind if both

  getCurrentPosition(function(p) { … }, …)

and

  getCurrentPosition({ handleEvent: function(p) { … } }, …)

work, then you can leave it as is.  If you want only the former, use
[Callback=FunctionOnly], and for the latter, [Callback=PropertyOnly].
I think the default is fine.

Also, the “int” type used as the clearWatch() argument type should be
“long”.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.