Re: WebIDL, optional attributes

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:51:54 +0200
To: "Andrei Popescu" <andreip@google.com>
Cc: "Marcin Hanclik" <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:42:07 +0200, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com> wrote:
> I guess using a float is also fine since WebIDL says it maps to Number
> in ECMAScript. But why doesn't WebIDL allow double? Numbers in
> ECMASctipt are doubles...

Not sure, maybe OMG IDL did it this way and heycam did not think about changing it.

> Anyway, I imagine this was already discussed
> by the group defining WebIDL, do you have any pointer to the
> discussion? Out of curiosity, I'd like to read it.

I don't recall this being discussed. The goal is mostly to provide a better definition of OMG IDL where the language bindings are defined in a central place plus any extensions specifications written today need. (E.g. optional arguments, overloading, etc.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/