RE: Position Heading Questions?

Hi Greg,

We've addressed a similar problem in the IETF [1].

Essentially, there are use cases for having both.  Best example I know of is where someone is travelling past a store in a car.  They point their device at the store and press the "what store is that" button.  I know that this sort of thing is already used in some places.  Having both pieces of information is very useful.  Either one on its own might be misleading.

My proposal:

facing // 0th order: degrees
speed // 1st order: m/s
heading // 1st order: degrees

The referenced draft currently has two more, but those are still being debated and might be removed:

acceleration // 2nd order: m/s
acceleration heading // 2nd order: degrees

Cheers,
Martin

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-geopriv-pidf-lo-dynamic

this email is prohibited.