Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-masking] Support <g> element in clipping paths (#17)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 20:42:42 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
The SVG Working Group just discussed `Support <g> element in clipping paths`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: Expand the clipPath content model in CSS Masking Level 2; no change for Level 1. Exact details to be determined.`

&lt;AmeliaBR> Topic: Support &lt;g> element in clipping paths<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> github: https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/17<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: As background, clipPath currently only allows shapes, text, or use elements that directly reference shape or text.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> ... Proposal is to allow the &lt;g> element and possibly other elements.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> ... Given that CSS Masking is in CR &amp; there are no implementations, I want to resolve that we're not changing this for Level 1. But we could do it in Level 2.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Chris: That makes sense.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: Any objections to moving to Level 2?<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: No, it's new functionality, should go in the next spec.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: OK, I have no problem with the idea for Level 2. But we need to figure out the details.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Chris: I think those details may be why it wasn't allowed in the first place.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: Any other comments?<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: Worth mentioning that is much-requested feature from authors. Current restrictions can make re-using content difficult.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> RESOLVED: Expand the clipPath content model in CSS Masking Level 2; no change for Level 1. Exact details to be determined.<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/17#issuecomment-478739777 using your GitHub account