Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-masking-1] `clip` applies-to section should mention <marker>, not <mask> (#197)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 20:36:45 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
The SVG Working Group just discussed `` `clip` applies-to section``.

&lt;AmeliaBR> Topic:  `clip` applies-to section<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> github: https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/197<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: I raised the issue because I thought it was a minor typo. But after testing, it looks like most browsers don't really use `clip` on SVG elements at all. So question is whether spec should match.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: Yes, Firefox does support `clip` but inconsistently. And `clip` is deprecated in CSS anyway.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: We do need to keep support for clip on SVG elements with CSS boxes. But beyond that, unless anyone knows of other software that uses `clip`, we should probably indicate that it isn't supported.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: Tav, does Inkscape support it?<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Tav: I think we'll apply it.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: But you wouldn't mind using it?<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Tav: No, I don't think that would be a problem.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> s/using it/removing it/<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: And I don't think any Adobe software relies on it.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: For the edits, how do we handle the bit about CSS layout boxes.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: There's already an "applies to" that restricts it according to CSS positioning. So that's probably good enough. Just delete the extra sentence about SVG.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> RESOLVE:  Remove special `clip` applies-to rules for SVG elements.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> s/RESOLVE/RESOLVED/<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/197#issuecomment-478737677 using your GitHub account