Re: [fxtf-drafts] [geometry] DOMMatrixReadOnly string init depends on backwards compatibility syntax

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 22:46:37 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@zcorpan Does it use the strict mode for parsing? I could see users doing something like

```js
new DOMMatrix(svgElement.getAttribute('transform'));
```

`transform` is a presentation attribute in SVG. So it can be set using an element attribute. SVG transform attributes _must_ be compatible the SVG syntax.

In WebKit we implemented transform as a presentation attributes and it does get parsed by the CSS parser. The attribute value _does not_ get parsed in strict mode allowing unit-less values for instance.

I am fine with using the CSS parser but we should definitely not use the strict mode!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/149#issuecomment-307594576 using your GitHub account