Re: [fxtf-drafts] [geometry] DOMMatrixReadOnly string init depends on backwards compatibility syntax

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 10:56:54 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
Here's a test

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/5240

>From what I understand of the css-transforms spec, the first and the last should work, and the middle one shouldn't (space before `(` is invalid).

In Gecko/WebKit/Chromium/EdgeHTML 15, the first two are rotated and the last one isn't, which is per SVG 1.1 rules I believe.

This suggests that the legacy SVG-compatible CSS syntax rules in the css-transforms spec is not actually used for the SVG `transform` attribute in these browser engines.

Given `WebKitCSSMatrix`, we have a different legacy to worry about, namely this pattern:
```js
var matrix = new WebKitCSSMatrix(element.style.transform);
```

Using the SVG codepath where `rotate(5deg)` is not supported would break.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zcorpan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/149#issuecomment-307757188 using your GitHub account