Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filters-1] Add animation type to properties

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 01:25:03 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@birtles For the filters spec, there are all sorts of non-CSS attributes to filter-related elements that are animatable under SMIL/WAAPI.

However, unlike with CSS there isn't agreement that "everything is animatable" when it comes to attributes.  Looking at the spec, I don't see a lot of "animatable: no" mentions, but some attributes don't specify it either way.  I can't imagine animating the `result` name of a filter primitive, for example.  For the data types of animatable attributes, there were standard rules for how to interpolate in SVG 1.1, currently located [in the animation elements spec](https://svgwg.org/specs/animations/#AnimationAttributesAndProperties).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/32#issuecomment-307269887 using your GitHub account