Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects] Make grayscale() work without parameters

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 22:19:18 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
According to the Blink use counter quite a lot of ppl use "no argument" functions. As @longsonr mentions, the default values were introduced for interpolation.

Now I see the following problem:
`grayscale()` means `grayscale(1)` in WebKit/Blink
The lacuna value/initial value/default value (will open a different issue for the term) currently is `0` in the spec. For interpolation that makes a lot of sense and I'd be surprised if WebKit would not use `0` in this case CC @grorg @smfr . So we might end up defining a used value for interpolation and a different used value if no value was specified by the user.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/1#issuecomment-307243075 using your GitHub account