Re: [css-masking] Should clip-path/mask be clipped/scaled to the owning element?

> See the mask-clip property, which defaults to the border box. You can
play around with the values to see how it affects the mask painting area
(though it looks like the no-clip value isn't implemented in Chrome).

Ah, thank you, that does answer the case for mask-image.

> I don't recall why masks and clip-paths behave differently.

Well the starting question would be; is the behavior for clip-path actually
in the spec? (Perhaps even implicitly just because it isn't specified that
they must be constrained?)