Re: [geometry] Remove liveness (was: Re: [blink-dev] Re: Intent to Implement: Geometry Interfaces)

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> I thought this had been discussed in the past, but I can't find anything
> now. Only
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014JanMar/0012.html which
> isn't asking for non-liveness.
>
> The only live object is DOMQuad#bounds, I believe.
>
> https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#associated-bounding-rectangle
>
> What are the pros and cons for live vs non-live for this object?

If it's not live, would you have an attribute that returns a new object
every time, or a method that returns a new object every time, or an
attribute (or method) that returns a new object every time the DOMQuad
changes, or what?

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto