[geometry] Remove liveness (was: Re: [blink-dev] Re: Intent to Implement: Geometry Interfaces)

Moving to public-fx (blink-dev in bcc).

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:03:55 +0100, Philip Rogers <pdr@chromium.org> wrote:

> I thought the same thing when watching that talk :) V8 extras seems like
> great solution for making these objects performant and easily
> implementable.
>
> I think this spec still needs a little work to not have 'live' objects
> though. The Houdini folks are working on layout APIs that just return
> simple POD objects and I think that would be more appropriate for these
> objects as well.

I thought this had been discussed in the past, but I can't find anything
now. Only
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014JanMar/0012.html which
isn't asking for non-liveness.

The only live object is DOMQuad#bounds, I believe.

https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#associated-bounding-rectangle

What are the pros and cons for live vs non-live for this object?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software