Re: [filter-effects] url() as pass-through on invalid reference?

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:25:08 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
I feel pretty strongly that the SVG behavior is not appropriate. I think
any sort of invalid 'filter' value, including a <filter> element with a
child element of unknown type, should cause the filtered element to be
rendered normally (i.e. 'filter' treated as 'none'). Otherwise I think
introducing new <fe> SVG element types does not get useful fallback.

Regarding Dirk's question, I don't think it matters much but I lean
slightly towards option 1. It's probably better to not apply a filter at
all than apply a possibly mangled filter.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*