Re: [css-compositing] test suite for grouping

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 6:31 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > Maybe you misunderstood me. I don't want to guarantee that the Gecko
> test results won't change in the future. We need to be able to change
> grouping to adjust our optimizations.
>
> To make this specification successful, we need to agree on some rules
> about grouping.

Which means that these features may severely constrain browser
optimizations in the future. And that means we have to consider whether
it's worth having the features as currently designed.

Maybe we could make progress if we introduced a CSS property that forces
its element to be a group and stacking context, *and* forces all its
children to be groups and stacking contexts, and then we say that
blending/compositing only works on those children, and that only the
siblings of a blended-composited element can be part of the background that
we blend/composite into.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq