Re: [css-compositing] test suite for grouping

On Apr 18, 2013, at 6:31 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> Maybe you misunderstood me. I don't want to guarantee that the Gecko test results won't change in the future. We need to be able to change grouping to adjust our optimizations.

To make this specification successful, we need to agree on some rules about grouping. At some point the user needs to rely on the correct implementation of the spec. Optimizations need guidance and boundaries anyway. We have these for painting order today and must have this for grouping tomorrow. I think it is absolute accurate to look at the behavior of current browsers and define rules based on the behavior today. This helps defining new optimization possibilities for browser engines in the future.

Greetings,
Dirk