Re: Updated CSS shaders proposal

On Oct 20, 2011, at 5:59 PM, noam.rosenthal@nokia.com wrote:

> [...]

I agree, in fact in many cases this is the preferred behavior. It might seem cool to have an animated ripple where you can click on a rippling check box, but is that really practical? Do you want to play "hit the moving target"? A better approach would be for the element to be rippling when the mouse is outside and have it settle down when you mouse over.

I know there are cases where you want a static effect to deform an element and have clicks accurately reflected. But I'm comfortable without that capability in the first release. We should specify that the CSS filter is a visual effect which does not affect interaction. Later on we can add a filter-interaction property to allow you to turn on the feature of transforming clicks to the deformed image. I don't know how we go about doing that. But I'm happy to have it be something we defer till later...

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com