From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:38:19 -0700
To: FX <public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>>
Subject: [css shaders] comment on grid dimensions

Hello FX,

This is a comment on
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/custom/index.html

In section 3.2.1. The ’vertexMesh' attribute, note 8 it says

  It may be confusing to have the vertexMesh attribute represent the
  number of additional lines and columns. May be it should simply be
  the number of lines and columns, default to 1 1 and require integral
  values equal or superior to 1.

I agree it could be confusing, and I think it would be better to have
the default be 1 1, meaning a grid of one row and
one column.

So if I want a 7x4 grid I can just say 7 4 instead of 6 3.

CSS can and does restrict <number> values to positive numbers if
needed (positive meaning zero is not allowed; the alternative is
non-negative, which allows 0,1,2 etc).

Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG