Re: [filters] notes to CSS filters

Am 23.09.2011 um 08:08 schrieb Robert O'Callahan:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
> But that is exactly the point. If we don't have a filter region, the filter effect would be unbound! Right now just the filter region bounds lightning effects. What else can clip the visible area?
>
> The viewport? :-)

I am sure you remember the ECMA-cloud [1]. On WebKit we did not have an intelligent auto clipping algorithm from the beginning. And blurring all elements on this site took more than a minute (1:30 to 2 IIRC). Imagine this page would use lightning effects instead of blur effects. We would need even more time.

Dirk

[1] http://ejohn.org/files/ecma-cloud.svg