Re: Chrome about to remove XSLT from browser

From: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 20:01:16 +0200
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
CC: Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
Hi John,

I think this is a concern for client-side implementations of XForms
because I can see that XSLT is very useful for transforming instances or
document fragments.

I have defined a transform() function in XSLTForms and I use it a lot
because it is very powerful, for example, for generating an Excel sheet.

XSLTForms, itself, requires XSLT for transforming an XForms page into an
HTML+Javascript page. This can currently be performed at server-side or
at client-side.

It is already in XSLTForms roadmap to have its own XSLT 1.0 engine, with
some extensions, written in Javascript.

-Alain