RE: Node Creation XPath Functions

Erik,

Thank you for reviewing these functions.

> Regarding the second argument and XPath 1.0:
>
> * It is clearly less useful without XPath 2.0
> * We could still allow it and restrict it to a node-set (the closest
> XPath 1.0 has to a sequence)
I've added the optional second argument, it is indeed less useful without XPath 2.0, and made it of type node-set. When we are adding support for XPath 2.0 to XForms all places where we use a node-set should be looked at and checked if we want node()* or item()*, but this is indeed a separate issue.

> One thing needs to be precised: when writing xf:element("foobar"), is
> the default namespace used or not?
I changed the text for resolving the namespaces of the qualified names to: "If the qualified name is not of type xs:QName the namespace of the element is resolved using the in-scope namespaces (the in-scope default namespace is used for qualified  names that are unprefixed)"

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken
R&D Manager

Phone: +32 3 821 01 70