Re: XML Base PER--what is a URI

Without having discussed this response with the group yet (we shall this
afternoon), wouldn't the text below be exactly what the spec needs?

   It would not be right for XML Base to define what strings
   should be considered URIs.  That is entirely up to the XML
   vocabulary in question.  This spec addresses the question:
   *given* a relative URI, how is it resolved?

This actually answers the question our comment asked, and the spec did not
make that clear.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton