RE: Namespace comments in XForms for HTML, was Re: Draft minutes for 2008-12-19 [includes resolution for FPWD for XForms for HTML]

In that case I fall back on my previous request to make the background colors for the HTML examples and the XForms+XHTML examples different.
Otherwise, namespace allergic readers who have been swayed by our smooth talk about XForms for HTML will encunter a document thick with namespaces and suffer anapylactic shock.

________________________________

From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John Boyer
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:00 PM
To: Klotz, Leigh
Cc: public-forms@w3.org
Subject: Namespace comments in XForms for HTML, was Re: Draft minutes for 2008-12-19 [includes resolution for FPWD for XForms for HTML]

Although it was requested in the action item below [1] that I remove namespace declarations as being superfluous (i.e. only used in examples), I found that I could not remove the xf prefix.  So, I removed the other namespace prefixes for things like events and schema datatypes, but the xf namespace is used heavily in the normative content to talk about explicitly declared xf:model and xf:instance elements.  It is also used in the discussion of targeting events at the implicitly generated xf:model and xf:instance. Due to this latter point, it made more sense to retain the xf:instance declarations in the examples as well.

[1] Action 2008-11-19.3: John Boyer to remove the namespace declarations and namespace uses from "XForms for HTML"

The revised document is now available [2], and hopefully the amended version of the work described above will satisfactorily answer this action item.

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer>