De: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org] En
nombre de Erik Bruchez
Enviado el: martes, 08 de abril de 2008 2:24
Para: Forms WG (new)
Asunto: Unfortunate choice of attribute name in XForms 1.1:
xforms:submission/@target

All,

It just occurred to me that the XForms 1.1 xforms:submission/@target
attribute [1] is badly chosen.

The reason is that a "target", in HTML speak, specifies an optional target
window or frame. This, in particular, applies to <a> and <form> in HTML. [2]

In the future, we may want to officially support such a concept of target
window or frame in XForms. Purely out of familiarity with HTML, the name
"target" would be an obvious choice. But if we use "target"
now to specify the destination for data replacement, we won't be able to use
that name.

(Note that in our implementation, we already support an extension attribute
called xxforms:target on xforms:submission and xforms:load, which behaves
like its HTML counterpart.)

For this reason I suggest that we change the name of this attribute in
XForms 1.1. Suggestions are welcome, but "destination" could work.

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#submit
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#adef-target

http://www.orbeon.com/