From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of John Boyer
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:11 AM
To: Forms WG (new)
Subject: Submission examples available in editor' draft

The latest editor's draft now contains numerous submission examples.

It would help for the group to review them.

I corrected numerous outstanding errors, such as use of ref on resource,
use of action instead of resource, etc.

I reworked some of the examples, such as those for method=get,
method=put, method=post and instance replacement

I added examples for
- login with method=urlencoded-post
- data preparation with an xforms-submit handler
- sequenced submissions with xforms-submit-done
- error reporting using xforms-submit-error and its error-type event
info
- plain text submission using xforms-submit-serialize and its
submission-body event info
- replacement of text content

The following attributes are also now demonstrated in the examples:
relevant, validate, target, serialization.

The web service example is yet to come, but it should be pretty clear
from the above why I had to delay producing that example.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer>