Re: A number of issues from Aaron are missing (action for Steven)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:59:18 +0200, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Steven,

Hi John,

> Can I please get your help in getting Aaron's last call issues into the
> system.

Sure, but don't forget it was Uli who volunteered to work on the upkeep of
the issue tracking.

> Issue #37 is in the trash because it states that Aaron's 39 issues from
> April 30 was broken into separate mails.
>
> First of all, the issue only has the first 26 of the 30 issues in it, so
> please watch out for that.

If you mean issue 37, then you'll see at the bottom "Message of length
7591 truncated" and a button "Full message", which shows all 39 issues.

I see all 39 separately in the data base. UI/118 has 31-39

> Second, there does not even seem to be a topic for the "Structure"
> section
> of the spec (Section 3), where Aaron's issues 5 through 14 go.  However,
> some issues on Section 3 from you, Steven, are in the Model topic (which
> might have thought was for section 4)

The names of the folders don't exactly match the names of the sections,
but section 3 is essentially about the model, so I guess that's why it got
called that.

You can just create a new folder and move issues there if you miss one.

> Third, I think "Model" might be the right topic for Aaron's 15 through
> 19,
> but I think we need one issue for #16 and another for #15 + #17-#19.

They are all comments on section 4, processing model, so I guess that's
why they ended up there ;-)

To split an issue mail up, you can re-edit the mail, and 'redirect' it
(assuming your email agent can do that), so that it gets sent as if coming
 from Aaron.

#1 is at Model/112
#15 is at Events/115

Or have I misunderstood what you mean?

> Fifth, His section 7 comments don't seem to show up under XPath.

XPath/116

> Sixth, could I please have your help tracing through the rest of his
> issues to make sure they appear, as I gave up looking at about this
> point.

As far as I can see, they are all there.

> Seventh, please make sure #28 is an issue by itself.

Do you mean "28) Section 8.1.1 - the list of events that happen when a
form control goes from being irrelevant to relevant ->
xforms-value-changed only MIGHT be generated.  A control can become
relevant without the value of the control's bound node changing at all."?
Just send it as a separate mail.

> Finally, note that I have already implemented almost all of the changes
> needed, so I just need issues made so I can compose and send the replies.

You can send more than one reply to a message, but if you really need to
split an email up, then editing and resending it will do the trick.

Best wishes,

Steven