Re: prefer-online vs manifest association

On 24 September 2012 10:04, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 September 2012 00:04, Andrew Betts <andrew.betts@ft.com> wrote:
>> Just found something today which may be obvious and has simply passed
>> me by, but really caught me off guard.  It seems that on pages that do
>> not reference a manifest and are not themselves in an appcache,
>> only after checking the network first.
>
> This doesn't add up with my experience. What I've seen is pages that
> load without appcache do not use appcache for in-page requests (imgs,
> css, js, xhr), even if the requested file existed in an application
> cache.

Yes, apologies, I had a dim moment and then escalated it into an
entire (evidently flawed) test suite which facilitated further
stupidity.  Sorry.  At least I found a webkit bug in the process :-)

--

This email was sent by a company owned by Pearson plc, registered office at