Re: Distributing the user interface for social networks

On 7/9/12 12:15 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On 09/07/12 11:41 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 7/9/12 11:20 AM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>>> There's obviously some differences on the subject, but if you insist
>>> on HTTP URIs for account identifiers, feel free to change
>>> "evan@example.com" to "http://example.com/evan" in the examples.
>> you are conflating a URI with an http: scheme URI just because http:
>> URLs are prevalent on the Web.
> I explicitly said "HTTP URIs", so I'm pretty sure I'm not conflating
> anything with anything.
>
> Melvin balked at the Webfinger identifiers I had in my examples, so I
> suggested he think of them in terms of HTTP URIs instead.
>
> I'd rather not stop the discussion at step 1.
>
> -Evan

My critical point is this, when you make statements such as:
".. if you insist on HTTP URIs for account identifiers, feel free to
change "evan@example.com" to "http://example.com/evan" in the examples. "

It opens a can or worms. You close the can of worms, for instance, if
you say:
".. if you insist on HTTP URIs for account identifiers, feel free to
change "evan@example.com" to "http://example.com/evan#this" in the
examples. "

Here's why, you've implicitly disambiguated references to two distinct
entities: 1) a profile bearing web resource 2) profile subject .

Anyway, case closed until we have context that accentuates this point or
lays foundation for more productive discourse :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO