Re: Distributing the user interface for social networks

On 09/07/12 11:41 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 7/9/12 11:20 AM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>> There's obviously some differences on the subject, but if you insist
>> on HTTP URIs for account identifiers, feel free to change
>> "evan@example.com" to "http://example.com/evan" in the examples.
> you are conflating a URI with an http: scheme URI just because http:
> URLs are prevalent on the Web.
I explicitly said "HTTP URIs", so I'm pretty sure I'm not conflating
anything with anything.

Melvin balked at the Webfinger identifiers I had in my examples, so I
suggested he think of them in terms of HTTP URIs instead.

I'd rather not stop the discussion at step 1.

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou, CEO and Founder, StatusNet Inc.
1124 rue Marie-Anne Est #32, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2J 2B7