Case for Academia (was Re: The Case for the Federated Social Web)

I think I hit some good stuff so far. I'd love to see more reasons why
federated social web software can be good for universities, students,
and faculty?

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/Case_for_academia

-Evan