Re: EXPath Module Standalone or on top of each other (Was: EXPath, Proposed File Module)

Whilst some errors might be common, such as 'unknown-encoding', others
can be quite specific - for example the Binary 'index-out-of-range'
specifically says that you are trying to access (with a possibly
non-zero footprint) some data outside the size of piece of binary data,
not any other circumstance. Whilst this may have some similarity with
other 'out-of-range' errors it's really designed to be trapped
specifically within Binary.

I'd really prefer to keep the modules as self-contained as practicable.
Whilst Binary will often be used with File or other EXPath modules,
there is no necessity to do so and keeping the modules tight and clean
makes them easier to both package, document  and test.

--
*John Lumley* MA PhD CEng FIEE
john@saxonica.com <mailto:john@saxonica.com>