Re: Test Suite

On 13 May 2012 23:30, Christian Grün wrote:

> Those are good questions.  Yes, the test suite is public [1], and
> retrievable via CVS.

  Yes, thanks.  But I meant: is it publicly usable, in the licensing
and intellectual property point of view?  Can we distribute publicly
such test suites?  All the infos I've seen and all the discussions in
the WG were about IP of the test cases, not about FOTS itself, IIRC.

> I don't think we will run into problems if we redesign it for EXPath

  I hope we won't have to "redesign" it, we would then miss the main
goal: using the existing test drivers implementations already have ;-)

  The only missing piece I can see now, is that there is no general
assert expression mechanism, AFAICS.  For instance, I think there is
no way to assert that the result of an expression "is a sequence of
length 2, the first item being an element(http:response), the second
item being an xs:base64Binary with string value '...' "

> Next, I'm glad to report that the FOTS (aka qt3ts) driver
> implementation of BaseX is completely open source [2], and part of
> our public tests repository.

  Good!  I cloned the repository, and compiled the driver with "mvn
compile".  The I tried to "mvn test" but there was a compilation
error, I guess I should send it to BaseX mailing list?  I couldn't
find neither the way to point the driver to a specific FOTS catalog
file.  How is it possible to give it any arbitrary catalog?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/