Re: rephrase "GIF or PNG" slug as an action sentence

Le 11 juil. 2007 à 00:37, Dan Connolly a écrit :
>   http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/png-gif
>   2006/11/24 01:20:24
> Er... tips should be sentences of the form "do something", no?

no strong feeling, but why not. It seems reasonable.

> so perhaps:
>  Tip of the Day: Choose graphics formats (GIF or PNG) carefully
> or better:
>  Tip of the Day: Consider PNG instead of GIF for images

Yep. PNG had a big problem in IE 5 to 6. Alpha channel was not
supported.
See IE blog about that
But as of today, it seems to be a reasonable choice for more people
since the release of IE7.

> p.s.
> I'm a bit surprised to see "GIF's strong point is that it is very
> widely
> supported and thus well established as the default choice for simple
> graphics on the Web."

See above.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***