Re: Valid XML

Le 05-05-21 à 09:49, Patrick H. Lauke a écrit :
> Actually, as demonstrated before (where IE gets confused when an
> empty script element is minimised - perfectly valid under XHTML
> 1.0), the dominant browser only understands *compatible* XHTML 1.0
> (as per appendix C) sent as text/html. At which stage, I can
> understand why some people are wondering: "why bother? why not use
> HTML 4.01 instead?"

It's funny how people don't read. :)))
I haven't said you _have to_ use "XHTML 1.0". I said you can use it
if it suits your needs. I use it on my personal project because I
need it. Period. :)

[[[
Le 05-05-06 à 16:22, Vincent François a écrit :
> What do you think about the idea of going back to HTML 4.01 because
> XHTML 1.0 is delivered as text/html ?

You don't go back to something. You only choose the language which
suits your need. There's nothing wrong in one or the other.

I encourage that you use Strict for XHTML 1.0 AND HTML 4.01
]]] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-evangelist/2005May/0002

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***