Re: Valid XML

Karl Dubost wrote:

>> It's well established that the popular UA's handle XHTML badly, in
>> some way or other.
>
> Again no. :)
> popular UAs handle badly "XHTML 1.0" and "XHTML 1.1" served with
> _application/xhtml+xml_

> It's why I haven't recommended in its long thread to use XHTML 1.1,  and
> I have insisted on "XHTML 1.0 (text/html)".

Actually, as demonstrated before (where IE gets confused when an empty
script element is minimised - perfectly valid under XHTML 1.0), the
dominant browser only understands *compatible* XHTML 1.0 (as per
appendix C) sent as text/html. At which stage, I can understand why some
people are wondering: "why bother? why not use HTML 4.01 instead?"

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com