Re: Web Browser Standards Support

Le 05-12-15 à 19:01, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> Quoting Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>:
>> 	* Opera (Anne Van Kesteren, ex Ian Hickson) - W3C Member
>
> Ian Hickson represents Google last time I checked ;-)

Yes it's why I said *ex* ;)

> Opera, together with Mozilla, did make a proposal to continue this
> work some time ago:
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/papers/opera>

Yes I know this interesting paper.

> I believe there has been some pushing as well to do some HTML 4.01
> errata or
> have some (X)HTML interop work started similar to CSS 2.1 but that
> has never
> started. And therefore: Web Apps 1.0 (HTML5).

And then the creation by W3C Members (Mozilla, Opera, etc.) of two
new WGs with a first teleconf very soon :)

Web APIs Working Group
http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/

Web Application Formats
http://www.w3.org/2006/appformats/

>> I haven't found also a Test Suite for Web Apps 1.0 and WebForms 2.0
>> as well. Do you know if it exists?
>
> There will soon be a public testsuite for Web Forms 2 if all goes
> well.
> Web Apps has to wait a little longer I guess. Parts of the
> specification are not yet finalized and parts might be taken over
> by the W3C. (Drag & drop,
> XMLHttpRequest, etc.)

And interoperability report with all browsers would be good :) It
will help to understand the level of interoperability, and how
accessibility and internationalization is handled. I'm looking
forward to it.

> Some simple canvas tests are out there:
> <http://hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/html/canvas/>
> <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/html/canvas/>