Re: XHTML 2.0 and Semantics

I would like to thank Karl for posting [a link to] Mark Pilgrim's
thoughts on this list. While I am not particularly excited about Mark's
choice of words, I think he voices important concerns shared by many
people.

Indeed, W3C is having a hard time delivering on its promise of a
"future proof" markup, especially given the amount of new "things"
being introduced into the problem domain. Does the gap between W3C and
reality grow with every new draft? If yes, what can W3C evangelists do
about it? These are important questions worth discussing on this list
and elsewhere.

Thank you,

Alex.

--