From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Sent: 18 January 2003 21:45
To: Danny Ayers
Cc: Esw
Subject: Re: IBIS vocab for semblogging

Hi Danny,

the vocabulary stuff you are looking at sounds like it is extending
the thread vocabulary produced for Annotea (or for that matter the original
Annotea vocabulary of annotation types) to allow for discussion threads
to be tracked. This seems to me like a good idea.

http://www.w3.org/2001/03/thread

The ability to provide user-friendly interfaces for this (such as the
icon-selection that Amaya has for marking different types of annotation -
see
the help file at
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/attaching_annotations/configuring_icons) is a
promising paralell for the use of graphic RDF editors (IdeaGraph, IsaViz,
RDFAuthor, etc)

cheers

Chaals

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Danny Ayers wrote:

>I didn't realise Semantic Blogging was being followed up as an e-sw case
>study, until I found the link on the new blog...
>
>Anyhow, one of the apps I've been working on for my Ideagraph project is
>semantic blogging and to help with this I've started writing up a
vocabulary
>(RDFS) for 'Issue-Based Information Systems', the idea being to use terms
>like 'Argument', 'Question', 'pro', 'con' within blog (and other)
discussion

--
Charles McCathieNevile  http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  tel: +61 409 134
136