Linking between reports Re: General FAQs

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>Hi folks
>
>There are some questions that came from the Initial technical workshop which
>are (I think) really frequently asked ones, and it makes more sense to me
>that we collect them somewhere other than in one particular workshop report -
>in part because I suspect we will think about updating the answers through
>the life of the project.
>
>The possibilities that occur to me are the following:
>
>1. List them and what we know about answers in the report, and use something
>like RSS to gather them into a document (and know where they are so we know
>where to go back and update them as appropriate)

This is what I started to do - to the extent that I listed questions raised,
and questions raised with answers proposed, in the report for the initial
workshop.

A number of the questions raised but not answered in the workshop were
answered in the FAQ section of Dave Beckett's report on Open source RDF
stores and their scalability. So the question is whether the report should
simply link to those answers, or we should try to do something smarter.

Again, my first appraoch is to simply make the question/answer pairs in
Dave's report targets and link to them, but it seems that it will soon be
more useful to be able to extract the FAQs. If anyone ahs good ideas about
how to do this now, so we can settle on markup conventions before we have too
much to retrofit, I am interested. Otherwise we will just see what happens
later...

cheers

Chaals