Re: data integration by mapping concept schemes

Hi Thomas,

I am not 100% certain I get the constraints that you have on expressing "mappings" in your scenario.

You could have an OWL-based solution:
1. Define the set of concepts that belong to either concept scheme (collection, whatever)
   some:CityOrArea owl:equivalentClass  [
         owl:intersectionOf  ( skos:Concept
                               [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
                                 owl:onProperty      skos:inScheme ;
                                 owl:someValuesFrom  [ owl:oneOf  ( a:cities b:areas )]  ]
                             )
       ] .
2. If you want to go one step beyond and "populate" a new concept scheme, you can create another axiom
   some:CityOrArea rdfs:subClassOf [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
                                 owl:onProperty      skos:inScheme ;
                                 owl:someValuesFrom  [ owl:oneOf  ( c:citiesAndAreas )]  ]
I think that should do it. In any case I know there's something in OWL that does it.

As an alternative, you can "populate" directly your concept scheme with skos:inScheme statements using a SPARQL construct:
CONSTRUCT { ?c  skos:inScheme c:citiesAndAreas }
WHERE
  {
     { ?c skos:inScheme a:cities } UNION  { ?c skos:inScheme b:areas }
  }

Does any of this address your need?

Cheers,

Antoine