Re: Is SKOS XML?

Emily,

No stupid question but sometimes stupid answers:

SKOS is based on RDF which is based on XML.
ISO25964 is XML (not RDF).

XML is a markup language (expressing structure around data).
RDF is an information network description language which allows to
express very openly interlinked pieces of information (RDF is the basis
of LinkedData).

So SKOS is more flexible than ISO25964 but being more flexible is not
always helping processability:
  it may not oblige authors to make necessary semantic alignments which
would help interchangeability...

So both approach are cross-seeding each other and bridges exist and will
exist.
I would say the most easy thesauri to exchange are those which are
semantically compatible with both standards.

Have a nice day!

Christophe