Re: Representation of Compound Mapping in SKOS

I agree with Barbara and have found Wordnik a useful "Same Context" tool for
discovery (that also happens to come with a great API).
http://www.wordnik.com/words/fishery#related

Allowing a user to make leaps from domain specific, such as the RT (related
terms) here on Eurovoc:
http://eurovoc.europa.eu/drupal/?q=request&view=pt&termuri=http://eurovoc.europa.eu/216904&language=en

To layman or consumer terms that might also help discovery (Same Context):
http://www.wordnik.com/words/audit#related

Different purposes but not always a different audience.  Academics,
Scientists, and Government also have basic common Thesaurus needs as well.

2 cents,

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry