Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Reminder skos:subject is deprecated Re: categories at dbpedia.org/resource/category:

Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Not sure what is the answer to Amir's question is, but a side remark :
>
> skos:subject has been deprecated in the final SKOS recommendation [1]
> and IMO should be replaced throughout DBpedia (and the linked data
> cloud in general) by dcterms:subject [2]
> It's been discussed at length on DC list if the range of
> dcterms:subject should be restricted or kept open as it is now, but in
> any case using skos:Concept instances as values of this property is
> considered a good practice from both SKOS and DC sides.
> If I remember well, skos:subject was removed from the spec on the very
> argument that SKOS should not specify how concepts should be used for
> indexing, letting this to metadata specifications such as Dublin Core.
> And singularly dcterms:subject was in the radar.
>
> Should not be to difficult to change. Since DBpedia is the showcase of
> Linked Data seems to me it should lead the way in good practice re.
> conformance to standards :)
While this change gets synchronized (at the data set level) we can do
the following:

1. Make an Inference Rules Context that asserts equivalence between
dcterms:subject and skos:subject
2. Publish the rule so that when constructing SPARQL against DBpedia
people can optionally enable the Inference Context via our SPARQL
pragmas feature.

Kingsley