Reminder skos:subject is deprecated Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] categories at dbpedia.org/resource/category:

Not sure what is the answer to Amir's question is, but a side remark :

skos:subject has been deprecated in the final SKOS recommendation [1] and
IMO should be replaced throughout DBpedia (and the linked data cloud in
general) by dcterms:subject [2]
It's been discussed at length on DC list if the range of dcterms:subject
should be restricted or kept open as it is now, but in any case using
skos:Concept instances as values of this property is considered a good
practice from both SKOS and DC sides.
If I remember well, skos:subject was removed from the spec on the very
argument that SKOS should not specify how concepts should be used for
indexing, letting this to metadata specifications such as Dublin Core. And
singularly dcterms:subject was in the radar.

Should not be to difficult to change. Since DBpedia is the showcase of
Linked Data seems to me it should lead the way in good practice re.
conformance to standards :)

Cheers

Bernard

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#namespace
[2] http://purl.org/dc/terms/subject

2009/12/16 Amir Hussain <amir_hussain72@hotmail.com>

>  Hi All,
>
> I would like to know what are the categories are available at
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Category: For example the following query in
> RED taken from dbpedia.org and it works well but when I try to modify with
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/category:MotorCycle_manufacturers then it does
> not return any thing. From where I can get available categories list or
> dbpedia.org/resource available resources list.
>

> SELECT * WHERE {
> ?subject skos:subject <
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Category:Car_manufacturers>.
> } LIMIT 20