RE: [SKOS] A new proposal for ISSUE-39 ConceptualMappingLinks

Dear all,

It is funny the way these things work, but this issue is now starting to
appear within the work on developing vocabularies for astronomy [1].

My interpretation of the fact that there is development of a skos
mapping vocabulary, which has been further confirmed by Antoine's email,
is that the semantic relationships defined in the skos core [2] are to
be used only for relationships between concepts in the same scheme.
However, this is not explicitly stated in the text of the skos core.
Will this be changed in the next version of the skos core?

A question I would like to raise is how can I specify a mapping between
a collection in one vocabulary and a concept in another? It really is
the collection as a whole that matches the concept. However, the
collection becomes an anonymous node in the rdf. Is it the case that
each member of the collection should be specified as a narrowMatch of
the concept?

Thanks,

Alasdair

[1] http://www.ivoa.net/forum/semantics/0711/0617.htm